Monday, May 21, 2012

Party For Two... Oh, I Mean Three

Hello! I hope everyone had a good weekend! We did, lots of birthday events went down. It was just the two of us (and three if you count Ian, he seems to think he helped me decorate anyways). 


As for the X-Files theme.... I think it came out pretty well. The sign turned out great and the alien balloons (that I had to draw on regular green balloons with marker) were adorable. This party only cost me $8.73. Not bad!


2 sets of streamers: .89 each @ Party City (the cheapest place and the most color choices!) 
birthday sign: $4.00 @ Party City
balloons: .97 @ Walmart 
poster: .99 @ Target 
coordinating wrapping paper: .99 @ Party City


Ian's tuckered out from trying to play with the streamers as I hung them up... it was... very annoying!
The next morning I made waffles and real bacon (not the microwave stuff, he requested real, fried-up bacon especially).


He wanted bacon too... 
Then we got ready to head out to enjoy some mini golf! Luckily the weather turned out to be beautiful (the forecast had predicted rain) and there was a nice breeze and not too many people golfing. I thought I had applied enough sunscreen but ended up with a stupid burn on the back of my neck where I had missed some spots. Nothing like a blotchy and inconsistent sunburn. :/




And there were some geese with their babies hanging out by the course! The babies were so adorable and fluffy...



Then we followed up the game with a meal of appetizers at The Cheesecake Factory and were promptly too full for cheesecake so we took it to go...


And ate it later. Mine was the Reese's Peanut Butter Cake with a layer of cheesecake (which was incredible but TOO much FOOOOOD!) Russ had a Chocolate Coconut Cheesecake that was pretty tasty for coconut (maybe I'm starting to like it?).

No comments:

Post a Comment