Sunday, May 27, 2012

Hellllloooo Charlotte!

On Friday morning we set out for Charlotte, North Carolina for an overnight trip (after prepping the house for little Ian to stay home alone- I put out a new box for him, hid treats around the house, filled up his food bowls, set out his toys, turned on the TV...) and drove for about six hours. 






We had a loose itinerary but the first stop was...



Russ' favorite fast food restaurant. It's been about a year and a half since he went home and this location is the closest one to our house! 

After a little more driving we got our first glimpse of downtown Charlotte. Then we hit Charlotte traffic for a few miles because unfortunately there was some serious race happening (and before this, I had no clue this was race country because frankly, I try my hardest not to pay attention to anything related to Nascar or racing). 


I got an awesome deal on our Marriott room... on Priceline I bid $60 and won! Woo hoo for cheap rooms!


We did lots of driving and getting lost... because our GPS is old and needs to be updated.



And some shopping...




It was my first time in an Ikea store and it. was. awesome! I could live there forever. Russ felt differently, of course. 


Here's some awesome stuff I stumbled upon (excuse some of the quality of the pictures, I had to use my phone because of dead camera batteries...)

I'm in LOVE with this bookcase, I'd love to have something like that in my future house!


This kitchen is amazing!


"Russ, stand in my future office and I'll take a picture!"

"All these books are the same..." he said.


And since it was my first time in an Ikea store, the prices never ceased to amaze me. This awesome canvas was $149... what??!! I've seen things a quarter of that size cost more than that!



We thought these rear-end hooks were funny...


I thought the lights on the right looked like pierogies. 


This seemed like something my brother would have loved...


And I'll be back shortly with another post on what I ended up bringing home!

No comments:

Post a Comment