Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I've Been Framed!

In about nineteen days I get to start my first official cake decorating class!  It's three Saturdays from the 21st to the 5th of May for three hours each class.  I'm psyched.  Totally psyched.  Now, I know I won't be making awesome things like this at first...


From Pinterest (forgive me, I did try to find the original source). 

or this...

Pinterest again...
But maybe one day.  This first class could be a stepping stone to greater cake decorating endeavors. I still have to buy my decorating supplies ($94...) and I'm putting off paying that chunk of change till next payday. 

Today I was going to produce some original art for my little wall near our bedroom window where my purple canvas used to live:


I've always felt lukewarm about the canvas.  I mean, it turned out pretty cool but I was never crazy about it.  That's probably why I covered it with white paint this afternoon so I can begin another project.

Since I was going to change the color scheme from purple to red, this canvas wouldn't work anyway so I replaced it with these two pictures that used to live above my bed.

I just framed the rose painting that I made in high school and used the "Kissing the war goodbye" photo that I've had since our old apartment.  I'm kinda in love with this arrangement!  And... it was FREE.



No comments:

Post a Comment