Saturday, April 28, 2012

Book of Love

Today's cake decorating class went on longer than usual because of a few class hiccups. One, the icing she gave us to practice roses with (which I was doing completely awful with) had powdery chunks in it which caused everyone's piping tips to clog. Two, the adults in the class are more disjointed than a class of ADHD kids during craft time. It's so frustrating because I'm working hard, trying to pay attention to the instructor and people are asking dumb questions she already answered and talking.


Anyways, here's the finished book cake. We had to pick three words to write on it so I just chose a simple 'I Love You." Clever, I know. 


What I'm really proud of on this cake is my awesome shell border. That technique was giving me the hardest time last week and I think I nailed it this week! Woo hoo!




No comments:

Post a Comment