Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pinterest Recipe: Oatmeal Spice Cookies

After waiting days before turning my MacBook on, to my surprise there is no damage.  I'm SO SO happy that my coffee spill ended so well... from now on I guess I'll have to be EXTRA diligent with liquids around electronics.  I don't really have a good track record: washed a cell phone, washed an iPod, dropped my Blackberry in a cup of coffee (and after that happened in like an inch of coffee and it still worked, somehow I spilled water on the keys!) and now my MacBook.  I am terrible when it comes to liquids and technology! 


But there's one thing that isn't terrible... these yummy cookies I found on Pinterest that were pinned from here.  I was really excited to make them because they seemed like the perfect recipe for a chilly November evening.



Ingredients:
1 (18.25 oz) box spice cake mix
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
2 eggs
1 cup cinnamon chips
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon, mixed
1 can of cream cheese frosting
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray baking sheets with nonstick spray.In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cake mix, butter, and eggs until smooth. Mix in the cinnamon chips and oatmeal.
Roll dough into about 1 1/2 inch balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a glass or the palm of your hand. Flattened cookies need to be about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are just slightly golden around the edges. Allow to cool slightly and remove from baking sheets to a wire rack.
Once cool, warm frosting in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds, and drizzle over cookies if desired.
Makes about 25 large cookies.



No comments:

Post a Comment