Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pinterest Recipe: Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins

Yes, the title is a mouthful but these muffins are not.  They're so adorably tiny and cute and incredibly tasty (and also very simple to make!). 


I found the recipe on Pinterest (of course) and they were originally posted here.  The recipe called for two things I didn't have in my kitchen and probably never will have unless I suddenly develop a taste for maple syrup (yuck, gimme the fake stuff anytime) and buttermilk (which I only would have if I were making red velvet cake from scratch). 


I actually made my own buttermilk from 1 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of vinegar.  After letting it sit for five minutes, BAM!  It's buttermilk!  Awesomeness. 


And as for the maple syrup... I just cut it out and added a little more sugar to the recipe to compensate.  They turned out great anyways. 


Ingredients:


1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 egg
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (I had to lower mine to 325 degrees because my apartment oven runs hot.) 
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a medium bowl. Sift together with a wire whisk.
In another bowl, stir buttermilk, egg, maple syrup and melted butter until just combined.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until combined.
Stir in chocolate chips. Reserve a few chips to sprinkle on the tops.
Bake for 8-9 minutes.


Annnd....


Before mixing...

Everything mixed together...

Going into the oven...

YUM!




I can't get over how adorable they are!  Seriously, these taste just like chocolate chip pancakes but only in bite-sized morsels... You can dip them in syrup, eat them with a little butter, or leave them plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment