Friday, November 25, 2011

Before and After: Dumpster Frame

Last week when I was taking out the trash I found this frame sitting on the top of the dumpster:



Yeah... not really my style but I loved the shape of the frame.  And bonus: free.  I decided that I was going to try and fix it up and if it didn't work, I'm not out any money and I could just return it to the dumpster. 

With a coat of chocolate brown paint, it was much improved.


Still wasn't feeling the girl sitting on the bench... not really into it so I took it out of the frame and cut out the picture.  I then used some cream paint to paint the matting that was left over.  I thought I took pictures of that too, guess not... 

I hung it up for a few days until I could figure out what I wanted to do with it.  It was seen here in this post, just hanging on the wall bare: 


After an inspirational trip to Michael's, I found some scrapbook paper that had some potential. I just had to figure out what I wanted to paint on it...


Took inspiration from my jewelry box...


I think it turned out well! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment