Friday, May 31, 2013

Sick and Tired

I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately... I've been battling a cold and now a sinus infection for over a week. 

Source
That, coupled with working full-time hours this week because of my new job orientation and I'm falling asleep on the couch at like seven every night. I'm hoping once I can kick this illness and get a routine down with the new job, that I'll be able to post more frequently. 

So as of Tuesday the cake decorator I'm interning for is quitting the bakery. I'm not sure what that means for my internship. Will they find another decorator who will want to intern me? As of right now I'm not planning on it. The owners seemingly want to hire me because I think they're really desperate because wedding season is breathing down their necks and to be without a decorator would be a huge problem. But, it's their own fault because of how they treat their employees and run their business. It's a formula for failure. 

I thought for a split second that maybe I could be their decorator and then Wednesday happened: 8 huge sheet cakes to ice and decorate alone in like six hours. For a novice decorator like myself, that's a nightmare. The one owner was so annoying, abrupt, and irritating that the though of working for them was instantly dashed from my mind. No thanks. I don't want to deal with that. 

Hopefully soon I'll be in full health and all that. Until then, just hang tight! 

1 comment: