Thursday, May 9, 2013

Ferry Me Away

After living in the Pacific Northwest region for nearly almost six months now, I had yet to take a ferry ride. This past weekend was one of the most gloriously gorgeous weekends I've seen here so we decided to take advantage and pay the $7 for a ferry ride in the Puget Sound.









As we ferried through the Sound, if you looked South you could see the skyline of Seattle and the Space Needle on the horizon with a looming Mount Rainier in the background. I wish I had gotten a picture but the photos don't even do the scene justice. 


During our half an hour layover we walked a little ways away and there were a few shops and restaurants. Since it was a relatively warm day we got some waffle cones and ate them on the ferry on the way back. 



It was a lovely way to spend the last day of my best friend's visit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment