Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mother's Day Rewind

I guess I forgot to mention what we did for Mother's Day. Mom had to work the night before so I thought I'd make her a nice breakfast and bake her a cake with my new decorating skills. 

I made her one of her most favorite things I've made for her, the Tator Tot Breakfast Bake


I set her a beautiful place setting starring some pretty carnations and a clearance plate from Target ($1.24 each!). 


The cake wasn't my best work because I made some very, very stiff buttercream that felt like I was trying to pipe with cement- not fun. But it didn't turn out too badly. 


I also got to use my cute little cake stand for the first time for a cake! I still had the sticker on the bottom- $12.99 from Tj Maxx/Homegoods. 


It was a pretty low-key day because she slept through most of it but I hope we made her morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment