Thursday, July 4, 2013

Recipe: Cayenne-Rubbed Chicken with Avocado Salsa

Today I'm going to share one of my favorite dinner recipes that I've been using for the last three years after I stumbled upon it at Martha Stewart's website. 

(Side note: is it a bad thing that I share other people's recipes? I mean, I'm not trying to take credit for it at all and I always credit my sources like a good little college student but I've been reading some comments online about other blogs and a lot of people were cutting on the blogger for not using original recipes. I just like to share things that I've tried and I know are good- not to take credit but instead to just share.) Anyways...

Here's the link to Martha Stewart's site where you can find her recipe... Or, you can have it right here:

Martha Stewart's Cayenne Rubbed Chicken with Avocado Salsa


  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (6 to 8 ounces each)
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 medium red onion, finely diced
    2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    1 Hass avocado, pitted and cut into chunks

    1.) In a small bowl combine 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and cayenne. Rub over chicken.
    2.) In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add chicken and cook until browned on the outside and opaque throughout; 8 to 10 minutes per side.
    3.) Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine onion and lime juice; set aside. Just before serving, fold avocado chunks into onion mixture; season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken topped with salsa. 










It's a great Summery meal that's actually a pretty healthy main dish. This is definitely a favorite around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment