Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Published

One of my favorite blogs is Young House Love and when they shared that they make a family yearbook every year, I've been thinking of doing it ever since. I have so many photos from our lives that only live in our computer and I've wanted to put them in an album for a while now. I wish I had started earlier in our marriage but... better late than never, right? And now that I've gotten started, it'll be easier to keep up the pace and do a new one every year. 

For the last two days I've been working on and off to make a photo book using My Publisher. This was my first time using it and I really didn't anticipate it taking so long. I went to their website, downloaded the program to start uploading my photos. I chose my book size and off I went uploading photos from iPhoto on my Mac. 

I think the reason it took so long was my photos got so disorganized because they weren't very organized in iPhoto to begin with. That made the book organization process sooo much more difficult because I had to put our lives in chronological order with photos. 

It took a long time and it took even longer to order my book (their server was extremely busy last night probably due to their awesome sale; 50% off your order!). 



I got a 8 X 11 photo book with photo cover, lay flat feature, and over 40 pages of photos for $38 after my online promo 50% coupon! A pretty good value so I'll take the irritation of trying multiple times to place my order because of a busy server. I know I couldn't have paid for an album and printing all those photos (I think well over 250-300 photos are in the book) for less than the $55 I paid for the book.

It'll take about 3-7 days to receive my book and I can't wait to share it when it arrives!






No comments:

Post a Comment