Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Painted Curtains Are Finally Done!

Yesterday I did the finishing touches on my less-than-$10 painted curtains which were inspired by these  I found on Pinterest.  I've got a few pictures of the process. 


Folded the sheet in half and cut it (after ironing the crease for a better cut).

Measuring the hem and placing the heat-n-bond in the seam.

Measured out 10 stripes, 8" wide and taped them off.

   
I abandoned the roller because it didn't coat as well as my little sponge brush.  About two coats on each stripe.
Annnd TA DA!


I'm so pleased with the way they turned out!  You can only tell they're painted if you actually go up and touch them.  But, I doubt anyone will be doing that so they'll just hang there and look amazing!

6 comments:

  1. I found you link over from YHL and just had to post that a. I love these, b. these look exactly like mine I did last month! http://www.oursemiorganiclife.com/2011/10/diy-painted-curtains.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these. I can't get over my fear of painting fabric though. I can paint anything else but fabric scares me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! I made some for my boyfriend last week! I was really nervous about painting on fabric too, but it was so much easier than anything I'd painted before :)

    xo Catharine @ Your Modern Couple

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look really, really good! I'm going to attempt some Roman Blinds soon, hopefully mine turn out as well as your curtains :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing! Great job!

    http://lavitaedama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete