Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cardboard Cat House

A few weeks ago when I was unpacking the last of our moving boxes, I took an empty one and tossed it on the floor.  Ian the cat found it and climbed inside and took a nap.  

I took another empty box and decided to make him a little house where he could sleep and play in.  My first step was to glue the box completely closed so I could make the house just a basic cube.  Once dry, I cut out windows and a door where he would be able to fit through.  Not wanting it to clash with my decor, I used some leftover paint from my coffee table project and painted over the blue Lowe’s logo.
Voila, done.


I opted for a minimalist look but you could decorate the outside, poke a hole through the top and tie some ribbons to dangle inside, or put a cushion inside for the cat to lay on.  If the cat isn’t declawed they also love to scratch on the cardboard surface.  While this project was completely free for me, it’s very cheap to replicate as a medium sized moving box won’t even cost you a dollar at Lowe’s or Home Depot. 
And I think he loves it.





No comments:

Post a Comment