Thursday, October 27, 2011

Artsy Fartsy

In my infinite quest to find new, interesting and inexpensive art, I have found that framing unconventional things are really cheap, easy and awesome!




This is a shadowbox I created from my wedding stationery (that would otherwise be sitting in a box under the bed), bouquet pin, and a fake rose from my wedding toss bouquet.  I originally saw this idea here and thought I could do my own spin on it with stationery for cheap art that would preserve our wedding memories.   



These are doilies given to me from my grandma that I thought were so beautiful and interesting, framing them would be the best way to view them.  I used Dollar Store frames (maybe $6-8 each if I remember correctly) and beautifully saturated scrapbook paper to make the doilies pop against it.  They almost don't even look like doilies and instead look like geometric art.


This was bedroom art I created to go with my gray and blue bedding.  After not finding any art that would go appropriately, I thought I might as well create something that would work.  I think  I spent less than $10 on this project (including the lovely Dollar Store frames).  I arranged scrapbook paper and different sizes of ribbon I had leftover from my wedding preparation and just worked with it until I created something I liked.  Super easy. 


Finding cheap art is SO simple, especially when you can find cheap frames at Big Lots, the Dollar Store, Target (they have sales on frames quite often), Ross, Marshall's, and TJ Maxx.  Using scrapbook paper is probably the easiest and cheapest way to find art.  You can buy multiple sheets of paper (that you can use to switch out when you get bored) for as cheap as .49 a sheet, you really can't beat that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment