Thursday, April 26, 2012

Precious Gems

I stumbled upon a blog one time and the author was participating in a photo project that centered around the question, "What would you grab if you had to evacuate your home?" I thought it was really interesting and I've wanted to create my own version for a long time.


It forced me to think about what's in my home that's really important and what could be replaced. Strangely, I don't have too many items in my apartment that can't be replaced. A lot of my really treasured and precious items are at home, safe and sound in boxes (that would be an even more difficult decision). 


These are my items (and I'm taking it for granted that Russ and Ian are safely out of the house and my wedding rings are on my finger...).


Five Things I Would Grab:



1.) My great-grandmother's pearl necklace that was passed on to me.
2.) All of Russ and my boot camp letters. They're something I will treasure forever.
3.) Mac... is technically replaceable but mostly NOT. He's got my professional wedding photos, ALL of my writing, and ALL of my photos I've taken. He's precious. Yes, he.
4.) Handkerchief given to my by my other grandmother that she's held onto since childhood.
5.) Angel wing necklace my mom bought for me when we were visiting Kentucky last year.

So, what's your five things?

No comments:

Post a Comment