Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Thrift Store Find: $10 Campaign Nightstand

While cruising one of my favorite thrift stores of the area, Value Village, Mom and I stumbled on an adorable treasure. An adorable $10 treasure. We don't need another nightstand but for only $10, how could we pass it up? It's cute, sturdy, cheap and has potential. 

It really wasn't a question of if we were going to buy it but more like a "who is going to buy it?"

I still love my Ikea Rast nightstands so I told Mom that she should get it. She has an Ikea Malm one now, I believe. I do like Ikea a lot but sometimes you need something with a little character. 

And this campaign nightstand has some character. She told me that I can fix it up any way I wanted to. Despite getting a few ideas off of Pinterest, I haven't decided what is best for this piece. 



I thought about painting it since the finish on the drawers is so scratchy. There were some wonderful examples around the web of pretty colors and finishes. 

Source

Source
Pinned via Etsy- No Source Found
I really love the way this wood looks and I've been contemplating just leaving it unpainted and restoring the wood to its former glory. 

Source

It's not as if the wood of the nightstand is that amazingly beautiful that it would be shameful to paint but maybe it could be re-stained to look better? 

We'll see what I can come up with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment