Thursday, January 17, 2013

All Tucked In

I'm pleased to finally say that I have found our new bedding for our room! It's not what I had originally planned, as seen here, but I made that even before I had seen the house or bedroom. The gray bedding, although pretty, wouldn't have gone too well with our oatmeal-colored walls (and I don't plan on painting them). 

We were visiting the Navy Exchange, not planning on finding anything and there it was:

Source

It was on sale for about $50 cheaper than on the above website. It was more than I planned on spending but after a months-long search and finding nothing, it was worth it to finally find something I liked. 

I really had wanted to find something that I could use without a bedskirt to show off what a beautiful platform bed we have. But, we need the under-the-bed storage because of our lack of a big closet and the bedding hides the frame anyway.

I later added on the bedskirt and it looks better (and more room for me to stuff things under the bed!).


I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the space behind the bed and have been tossing around ideas like a DIY headboard, curtains, or a large piece of art and Euro pillows. I can't wait to get started on my Rast dressers to complete the look either. So far, it's coming along nicely though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment