Monday, January 14, 2013

Frame The Date

If you've been around since October, maybe you'll remember that I thought that grouping some Escher calendar art together in a frame grouping would be completely awesome and inexpensive. Well, the New Year calendar clearance sales convinced me to make my idea a reality.

The hallway was lacking some serious style. Unfortunately, it's pretty dark in there when the light isn't on (plus, the Pacific Northwest cloudy-moodiness of winter isn't helping either).

Happily, this project only cost me $8 after the 50% off sale (I specifically waited until after Christmas for the calendars to be marked down). 



I found some frames that looked good together and replaced them with the pictures that I loved.


Ian decided it would be a fun time to get in the frame... He thinks he's more important than my project.


I would have liked to have put them horizontally but the space didn't permit it. I think it gave the hallway a little bit of character that it was lacking. 



Calendars are a great, cheap way to get some prints... especially during the after-Christmas sales. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment