Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Baking Fail: Healthy Chocolate Muffins

I came across a picture on Pinterest of some amazingly delicious-looking muffins that had the caption, "Only 110 calories PER muffin!"

I was instantly intrigued. These muffins looked great and with the added bonus that they had healthy ingredients AND little calories, I was determined to try out this recipe. (I would include the recipe but for obvious reasons- that this recipe was a fail- I will not. Also, I deleted that son of heinous thing like a raging computer virus and refuse to find it again.)

So... I bought my ingredients and blended them together to create this chocolatey brown-colored batter.



If I remember correctly there's eggs, oats, greek yogurt, honey, mud cocoa, chocolate chips... and some other stuff?


And then... I tasted the batter... and wanted to gag. The image created by the taste of this batter reminded me vividly of my past healthy baking fail, the nightmare-inducing Eggless Brownies


As I poured the batter in, I pleaded with the muffins to not suck; to not come out as one of my most disgusting baking creations. I sprinkled on the chocolate chips like a fairy using fairy dust in hopes that it might cure the horrible taste. 


The chocolate chips failed to save the horrendous concoction. They were dry, tasteless and awful.


It seems that whoever comes up with these healthy chocolate recipes are seriously misguided as to what chocolate actually tastes like. I think I'd rather lick the sole of someone's shoe than eat one of these ever again (after all, the sole would have more flavor). If anything, these muffins burn calories because I would actually expend the energy to fast-pitch these as far away from me as possible. 

Russ didn't like them either. (Because he actually has taste buds.) 

So, they sat in this bowl for a few days and I didn't bother covering them because I wasn't going to eat them anyway. I just wasn't ready to admit to myself that these were a complete waste of time and money. 


Though, I did discover the the only thing these muffins are useful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment