Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Riiiiiichmond! (Home of a Thousand Hipsters!)

Sorry for the few day absence, I've been busy looking up jobs that I fear I'm not smart enough to do and painting my nails like this:



We also took a quick day trip to Richmond, Virginia yesterday and we had a ton of fun just driving around, shopping, and trying a new and awesome sushi place, Sticky Rice.




We arrived right before the lunch crowd so we had perfect timing.  It looked like it was a pretty popular eatery, especially for goofy people like this:

Yeah, NOT hot.
And my stupid camera batteries died (and I didn't have the sound mind to bring more OR CDs for the road....) so I didn't get to take any more pictures after that.  But, we definitely plan on going back in the next month or two when the weather warms up and we can go sightseeing. 

Richmond has an outdoor mall.  That blew my mind!  I mean, I've seen plenty of outdoor malls in California or Arizona but those places don't have a chance of snow!  The Short Pump Mall we went to was freezing the wind whipped in between the stores and it made it generally miserable.  I looked in the windows of Crate & Barrel and felt to broke to do even that.  Pottery Barn made me feel like a pauper and instead of gathering inspiration, I felt uncomfortable.  I did buy two things from Urban Outfitters but I felt too uncool to even go in there.  Whatever.  It's not like I'm going to see any of those hipsters again, right?

We also visited Hobby Lobby (LOVE that place so so much!) and World Market.  And poor Russ was burnt out by all the girly stores so we made it to Best Buy and Velocity Comics.

I didn't buy too much but here's the lowdown...


This map I've been lusting at from urbanoutfitters.com and it's been sitting in my shopping cart for a while.  I was going to pull the trigger and buy it last week but luckily I waited and found it at the store for $24 and I didn't have to worry about shipping.  I've been wanting a US map like this for a while and this is pretty much the only one I've loved the look of.  I plan on mounting it in a frame with a cork back to put push pins in to mark the places Russ and I have been together. 


These knobs I found at Hobby Lobby for 50% off (and oddly was the only thing I bought there) and...


they're not long enough for my stupid drawer!  Ugh.  Oh well, I'll just stick with the originals and maybe use them on a future project somehow. 



I bought a napkin from World Market because I loved the print and thought it could work for either wall art or even using to cover my lampshade.  We'll see.


I also had to resist the urge to buy another shower curtain but I LOVED this one at World Market for $30.



And on clearance these earrings were $4.99 at Urban Outfitters and was probably the cheapest thing in that store!



So, it was a pretty fun trip to Richmond!  I can't wait to go back and see the Museum of the Confederacy, Hollywood Cemetery, Monument Avenue, and the Virginia Holocaust Museum... so many things to see before we move out to the West Coast again!



No comments:

Post a Comment