Saturday, January 14, 2012

Recipe: Pepperoni Mac and Cheese

This is my go-to easy dinner recipe that is great reheated the next day as well.  Ever since I tasted this dish at Johnny Carino's, I scoured the web for a knockoff recipe.  I found one but it wasn't as cheesy as I liked so I just doctored it a little.  It's so easy and very delicious!


Ingredients:
1 box elbow macaroni cooked and strained (16 oz for an 8 x 8 pan)
1 jar of Ragu cheese sauce
shredded cheese of any kind 
bread crumbs
1 package of pepperoni



Cut the pepperoni and half or leave them whole and layer macaroni, pepperoni, cheese sauce and shredded cheese in an 8 x 8 greased pan (you can even add a little milk to the mix for added creaminess).  Sprinkle shredded cheese and bread crumbs over the top.


Bake at 325 degrees (or 350 because my oven runs hot) for about 20 minutes.


Ta da! The bread crumbs create a nice little crunch crust on the top and crisps up the pepperonis.  Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment