Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pinterest Recipe: Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today it's been rainy, cold, and cloudy.  So what better way to spend the day than to bake some delicious cookies? 


I've made red velvet cookies before but that recipe used a red velvet cake mix.  This one, however, was from scratch.  And this recipe used semi-sweet chips instead of white chocolate chips.


I halved this recipe because I don't want too many cookies lying around and I'm unable to eat them.  


1/2 cup butter1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp red food coloring
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well. Beat in food coloring. 

Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. 

Drop by rounded teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Let cool slightly before transferring to wire racks.










These were really delicious... however, I think I'm partial to the white chocolate chip cookies just because they came out softer and chewier.  I think I'll have to fiddle around with cooking times and temperature of the oven because these ones came out perfectly right out of the oven but got crispy and hard.  Not really a fan of crispy cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment