Thursday, December 29, 2011

I Want To Believe

I'm here to share a few wonderful things I received for Christmas!



These flannel sheets were a gift from my parents and they are heavenly.  They'll really come in handy when we move to Washington state next year.  I don't want to get up in the morning! 


This sweet little owl (also from my parents) found a permanent home on my book shelf.  


I've wanted one of these Kitty Cat clocks since seeing them in cartoons as a child.  My husband got one for me and I love love love it!  Sorry for the poor quality of the photo, it's in the space over my kitchen sink and the lighting wasn't ideal.  It makes me smile whenever I see it!

Which... is what it was made to do.  The Kit Cat clock was made during the 1930's  and was supposed to inspire hope and put a smile on everyone's face during the dark times of the Great Depression.  

I think it's completely adorable and I would be happy with one of these in every room!  (Though, I wouldn't do that... maybe not every room!)


Russ also got me a Phrenology head that I've been wanting since starting my Psychology degree!  I always see it on some random bookshelf in the background of some psychologist's office in TV or movies and I've wanted one forever!

For all you non-Psych students, Phrenology was a pseudoscience that focused on the measurements of the human skull and that traits corresponded to certain areas of the skull and brain. 


He's found a nice home on my desk where I can admire his head for years to come.  

He also makes me wish I were going for my Master's degree... anyways...



And last but not least, the "I Want to Believe" poster that can be seen in Mulder's office during "The X-Files."  Technically this wasn't a gift for me but for my husband.  I love this show so much too that it's a gift for me as well!

From http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/Mulder´s_office.jpg


What a great Christmas!

I wonder if I can recreate Mulder's office in my house someday? haha


No comments:

Post a Comment