Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Bubble Wrap Art!

I've been wanting to try this technique for a while but didn't have any bubble wrap but, luckily I received a package with usable bubble wrap!


All you need is some white card stock, acrylic paints, bubble wrap and a paint brush or sponge.  I've also been contemplating trying this technique with a canvas since I'm so crazy about how awesome it looks. 



And the steps are simple: paint the bubble wrap, press the card stock down and allow your art to dry.



I hung it up with some other art above my bed and I think it looks amazing!

Nevermind the mismatching blankets... not for style, they're for keeping us warm at night.


The picture on the left is just some cut-up paint chips assembled to look like pixels and the "LOVE" is just a graphic I made up in a Word document. 


I'm so pleased with the result that I'm looking for other places to make bubble wrap art!

And I just realized that I never really showed much of our bedroom.  




So... here's the view of the window, curtains, and another DIY canvas I did based on this found on Pinterest (of course): 

http://flyergoodness.blogspot.com/2011/03/all-day-everyday-poster-project-by.html
Expect to see more bubble wrap art in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment