Thursday, October 11, 2012

Single Serving Cocoa- Yum!

Well, I think Fall has officially hit Virginia (YES!!!!). Outside my window I can see the leaves are turning... wait, the tree is dying. I guess they need to cut those things down or something. Side note: one of these days I will take a picture of these ugly trees so I may capture their unsightliness that I am forced to see whenever I look outside. 

Anyways, it's my absolute favorite time of year... the pumpkins, the leaves, the crispness in the air, sweaters, turning off the a/c (...and being excited by a lower electric bill), and nights cold enough for cocoa!

And since most nights I'm here with just the kids, it really would be pointless and unhealthy to make an entire pan of cocoa on the stove (because I would totally drink that bad boy, all of it). 

So... here's a little and simple recipe so you can make cocoa if you don't have any of those Swiss Miss packets handy.

Single Serving Cocoa

2 Tbsp sugar
3 tsp cocoa
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
dash of salt

Mix sugar and cocoa together and add milk (warmed in the microwave for about a minute and a half) and stir. Add vanilla and a dash of salt and stir. Add mini marshmallows if you're really fancy.

Ta da!


Now curl up and watch Parks and Recreation with a comfy blanket. 

No comments:

Post a Comment