Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Road Trip! Part I

I've had a busy busy week over here! In the past week we've driven over 1200 miles and visited three major cities: Savannah, Georgia, Charleston, South Carolina, and Washington D.C. 


Let me start at the beginning... My best friend flew in from Arizona to spend the week with my husband and I on the 3rd.


So, we spent the 4th shopping and showing her the Hampton Roads sights like the Navy Exchange and Cogan's Pizza in Ghent. 






We spent the rest of the 4th at a Virginia Beach boardwalk hotel that had a balcony that overlooked the ocean. 



The fireworks began at around 9:30 and we got to watch them from the beach as they were fired off from a boat that was docked not far offshore. 


We also got to see a pretty sweet red moon before the show. 



We had a late appetizer dinner at a Virginia Beach staple, Harpoon Larry's. 

via Trip Advisor

The next morning I got to cross off something else from my To Do Before We Leave Virginia-list: watch the sun rise over the ocean.




Then we jetted off down the shoreline to a beach on base that was significantly less crowded. It also had more rocks and shells but less trash than the boardwalk.



In the middle of the next picture you can see the distant hotels on the boardwalk.


Tomorrow: Savannah and Charleston...

No comments:

Post a Comment