Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pinterest Recipe: Granola Energy Bites

I could definitely use some of these right now.  I've been staying up too late and what sleep I have gotten, doesn't seem to be too restful.  As a result, my creative pursuits have been waning and I'm feeling kinda catatonic like... just existing. 


Anyways, I wanted to try these because I love granola and these seemed like they'd be easy to make and tasty (even if they have coconut in them... which, I really despise normally).  But, despite the coconut, they were awesome!  Though, I still love the other granola bar recipe more because they are less sticky to eat, these are pretty good also.


No Bake Granola Energy Bites 
(makes 18-20 bites)


1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated.  Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.  Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy!  Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.




Oh and I decided to leave out the flaxseed because I barely got the word "flaxseed" out of my mouth before Russ wanted to gag.  But, they're perfectly fine without it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment