Thursday, October 10, 2013

They. Are. Everywhere.

I distinctly remember the last time we mowed the lawn this Summer. It was July 4th and the firecrackers were louder than the lawn mower. And it's not like the lawn really has looked bad except for the past week or two because we've been receiving rain. It just hasn't grown since July because it's been dry. 

So my brother and I headed out to brave nature and tame the lawn. I also had to spread some extra mulch because there were spots where my newspaper-under-mulch had popped back through. It's probably because I spread it pretty thin. 

But, you want to know something scary about the Pacific Northwest this time of year? Well, for the last few weeks everything has been pretty much covered in spiders.

This ghastly beast was on the front of our house. 


And more...


And more...


I've driven places only to discover spiders still on my car from home. Mom has found a web in her car (AHHH!!) and one has spun a web in the space under her car's hatchback. They. Are. Everywhere. They make webs from your house to the car, in-between bushes, from the roof to the grass, all over trees, and I've even seen some make webs on the electrical wires. It's pretty terrifying. 

I guess I don't need to put any Halloween decorations up, huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment