Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pinterest Recipe: Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffins

I've been trying to find some more good recipes out there that we can possibly serve on the truck. We are very anti-cupcake (because I think those are boring and overhyped and annoying) but pro-muffin. So, I've been trying out some muffin recipes to see what's out there that will be delicious.

Since my last foray into muffins was such a disgusting disaster (see: The Healthy Muffin Incident), I decided to go back to basics for a simple chocolate chip muffin.

Scrolling through Pinterest I found Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffins from The Curvy Carrot. The recipe seemed simple enough and promised a delicious cake-like muffin texture so I gave it a try. 

Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffins

1 1/2 cups flour 
2/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 cup sour cream
5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted 
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 

Instructions:

1.) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.) Line muffin pan with liners (not necessary, I didn't.) 
3.) In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4.) In another large bowl combine melted butter, egg, sour cream, and vanilla and mix well.
5.) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well with a rubber spatula until just combined.
6.) Add the chocolate chips and mix gently until combined. 
7.) Evenly divide the batter in the muffin tin. 
8.) Bake about 14-18 minutes until a tester inserted into muffin comes out clean.








They were very good and very simple to make. They were moist and wonderful even the next day, I would definitely make this recipe again. I added a few more chocolate chips to the top before baking with I think made them look better presentation-wise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment