Tuesday, August 13, 2013

That's So Metal

There's this awesome local chain of stores called Fireworks and they have a ton of awesome things! They've got interesting jewelry, books, kitchen items, clocks, cool mugs, toys, trinkets... I loooooove this store. While there last weekend, I bought my first Metal Works model. 

Metal Works makes small, laser cut metal models. Here's a gallery of all they make including the Titanic, Big Ben, the White House, etc. I bought this little model of the Space Needle for $12.50 that's made of cut metal. It's so small and adorable and wasn't too expensive. I was worried that it would be hard to put together and with the small parts and possibly-easily broken metal pieces- it kind of was. 

Look how small the pieces are!



It probably took about an hour, but isn't it adorable?! All I needed was a pair of tweezers to bend some of the pieces into place and now it lives on a shelf in the living room. 


No comments:

Post a Comment