Monday, June 10, 2013

Recipe: Caramel Pecan Brownie Pie

It's been such a long time since I made a new pie! I have been looking for a new pie recipe to try but nothing really hit me until I stumbled upon Caramel Pecan Brownie Pie. Who could turn down a brownie pie, honestly?!

I found the recipe at The Militant Baker (and I loved her blog so much that I spent days going back through her archives). 

Here's the easy recipe:

Combine:

1/2 c melted butter
1/2 sugar
1/2 brown sugar 
1 tsp vanilla



Add 3 eggs one at a time, thoroughly combining one at a time. 


Then add:

1/2 c flour
1/2 c cocoa
1/4 tsp salt


Mix and pour into crust and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.



You can either pour on your caramel after it comes out of the oven or wait until it cools. Then, add the pecans on top. (The original recipe also has directions for making your own caramel but... I just used the store-bought kind for now.)

I also had some leftover dipping chocolate that I melted and drizzled over the top for extra fanciness! 


Just bask in this deliciousness. Below is the only piece of the pie that I got to eat because by the time I got home from work the next day the pie pan was empty...


I guess that means that this pie is a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment