Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Yardage

Today is pretty darn lovely so I spent some time outside. I took a mile and a half walk around our neighborhood (and re-irritated my blister that caused me to stop walking two times before), swept the carport deck and front walkway plus stairs, and took some pictures around our little property because I don't think I had any before.

It's hard to believe that just a couple of days ago the outside looked like this:




I brought some snow in for the kitties to inspect which they found quite tasty. 


But, the snow melted by the afternoon and now it's feeling a little more like Spring around here (though, I'm told that Winter isn't over until July 1st... ahh...).

Here's our carport deck and stairs that really needs to be washed and repainted. It's definitely looking pretty scraggly and terrible. 


These three boards of the landing were just replaced yesterday. They now bring a patchwork quilt quality to our already shabby, sad stairs. But, at least they're now structurally sound!


Mildewy, old, paint-peeling, and dirty floor. I really would have loved to have made this a cute little sitting area but I have one problem.


This is my problem. Apparently a big snow from a Winter or two back forced the owners to break the little plastic-y skylights on the patio awning to keep them from breaking and snow falling on someone's head. Unfortunately, they broke them in a very ugly fashion rather than making it straight and nice. I will remedy this by breaking them all the way... But it makes it rather hard to make a nice sitting area when there will be rain leaking in.


Then to the side we have our only completely covered part of the patio that mom has set two wicker chairs under. 


Here is the view from the driveway of the side of the garage. I'd love to do something here, even if it's just throwing out all those weeds and leaving it bare dirt. It would still be an improvement. 



It seems we are growing jars of trout bait. How lovely. I thought it was a jar of yellow paint. I was very mistaken.


This is the walkway up to the front door that I swept off today and it looks so much better! 




Then there's this hideous tree that, from the street past the fence, looks like we have a huge pile of sticks big enough to burn someone at the stake, hanging out by our walkway.


And, it attracts bees! Wonderful. It is our first line of defense against door-to-door sales people. 


Pretty boring and weed-covered. I want to do something to make it look a little better without spending much money because we're just renters. 


For some perspective, this is my weird window in our bedroom. Strange, right?


And here's our lawn that needs mowed...


This looks to be blooming soon though I have no idea what it is. Looks kinda ugly at the moment.


This bush/tree thingy has some pink buds all over it that are beginning to open. It will probably attract a lot of bees too...



And weeds! Our yard has a few of those coming in quite nicely. 


And finally, the East side of our house that no one sees besides our cul-de-sac neighbors and their roaming, outdoor cats. So exciting, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment