Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Taming of the Hue

I've been working on a few little decor projects. I needed some wall art for a space I'm going to share later and I needed them to be bakery color-themed. I had this octagon frame (that I rescued from the dumpster in Virginia a while back), a dollar store mirror, and I bought this bulletin board for $7.39.

I decided to paint the mirror white and the other two the same dazzleberry pink that I used to accent the file cabinet that I shared yesterday.


I figured out an arrangement (minus the mirror, that is hung elsewhere), picked my scrapbook paper to fill out the frames and... voila!

But, I was underwhelmed. I'm already NOT really a pink person and I felt like the octagon frame was bombarding my eyes with PINK! 


I had some crackling medium leftover from another project (that I'm going to share later) so I decided to go for it and use the white paint over the top to subdue all that PINK! 

The crackle medium is a little fickle and I think the frame was too weirdly shaped to make the crackling look really nice. The end effect was a weathered and vintage look which wasn't bad either. 

I found some cool, inspiring quotes and used PicMonkey to make my own typology art for free and printed them out. (p.s. if you look on Pinterest and search for 'free quote printables' you can find a ton of awesome prints that way... who doesn't like free, non-mass store produced artwork?)

"It always seems impossible until it's done"- Nelson Mandela


and,
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - Helen Keller


These two quotes were perfect things to remember in the midst of all our worry over the food truck because sometimes you just need a reminder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment