Tuesday, June 17, 2014

File Me Up

Days are blending together and going by at lightning speed! Half of June is over already! We were really hoping to be on the road and selling treats by now but... there's always set backs and things you don't account for. 

I have been finding time between it all to get a few little projects done. Like... this cute little filing cabinet I found at a thrift store for $5.99. All it needed was a little paint to bring it from looking drab and dingy to bright and chipper (and ready for business paperwork filing, yay!...).



I used a little roller to paint a few coats of white paint and two simple coats of pink (Dazzleberry, Valspar I think) on the sides for a little glimpse of color on the drawers. 


Maybe down the road I might want to replace the handles because they're kinda boring, but they're not too offensive for now. I'm not sure how the paint will hold up because of the particleboard surface of the cabinet but it'll work for now. There's always touch up paint...


No comments:

Post a Comment