Monday, December 31, 2012

First Room Finished... ish

Hello! I hope everyone had a great holiday! I can't believe it's been about nine or ten days since I last updated but I've been busy getting settled which has been taking longer than I thought it would. Lots and lots to do, unpack, and buy! And, it's extra difficult to get settled when you're squeezing a two bedroom apartment's worth of stuff into half of a four bedroom house (it's seriously harder than it sounds!).

We have a small bedroom with one small closet for the both of us (and Russ has his work uniforms so that's even more clothing to squeeze in!). There's no linen closet, no laundry room-type closet and it's been so hard to find space or think of ideas to maximize our storage. I'll be sharing my solution for that hopefully later this week.

As for today, we have our first semi-completed room. It's rather underwhelming and still in progress but it having one room a little together made it start to feel a little more like home. This bathroom is in the upstairs and is shared by my mom and brother. 



And here's the after with the addition of a shower curtain and towels (from Fred Meyer- which is an awesome, awesome store that we didn't have in Virginia and I'm totally loving it), Ikea rug, Ikea faux plant, and Target soap dispenser. 



All it needs is some art and we can call it done!

Hope everyone has a great New Year's Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment