Monday, March 26, 2012

What's Going Down.

I got back from my trip in the early hours of Thursday and it's taken me this long to get back into my routine around the house.  


Today I started working on a canvas.  Not a new canvas but one that I already painted.  Remember that tree picture I worked on for a friend?  Yeah, I had to paint two because after getting started I noticed the large canvas wouldn't fit in my suitcase!  That was smart.  So, luckily I had an extra smaller canvas that worked.  But, I was left with this of course...




I used some white acrylic paint as a primer until I figure out exactly what I'm doing with it.  So far, I'm thinking something in a bold, beautiful red.  I'm really feeling red lately... I've got so many blues and greens that I want to bust out and do something RED. 


This is my progress so far and I might have something done for a post tomorrow. 


I'm also painting a 12 x 12 canvas album cover for my brother and here's what I've got so far. The easiest parts are done, the center will be a challenge...


From Wikipedia: hopefully it'll turn out close to this...
Flying Fitzgerald (that's his name... okay?) has found a snuggly home on my bookcase near the door.


And I finally got to smuggle one of these babies home in my suitcase from our wedding centerpieces... It adds a beautiful hint of color to the bedroom and is probably what got me started on the red kick.


Ahh.... gorgeous. 


I also managed to bring this little rose picture I painted sometime in high school and I can't wait to figure out what to do with it.


It's good to be back! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment