Thursday, March 8, 2012

DIY Union Jack Pillow

Last April, I got up at around 4 am to watch the Royal Wedding.  And no, I'm not one of those gushy girly girls who had to see it but I wasn't working at the time and had nothing else to do so I thought, why not? 


So when I did this project, I was feeling very Britishy and just looking for some goofy little project with a scrap of fabric I had.  Actually, the scrap of fabric was really one of those really thin hand towels from Target.  You know the ones that are absolutely NOT helpful at all at drying a dish and they smear the water more than absorb it?  It was one of those ones...


But yeah, this project is extremely simple and you can do it with whatever design you want and it doesn't have to be inspired by the Royal Wedding...


I basically sewed right sides together around the three sides of the towel and halfway up the fourth side.  Then I turned it right side out and applied my tape outlines.



I gave it about two heavy coats in order to make sure it was solidly covered. 


Right after finishing the last coat, immediately peel the tape away and let the paint dry for an hour or two (maybe more depending on the paint).

Then you'll have this deflated looking thing...


Stuff the pillow with batting and sew up the remaining side.  Then, place your pillow on whatever surface you want and enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment