Sunday, February 2, 2014

We Have A Winner...

So, we officially have a truck! It's scary and exciting and scary and crazy.

And it's Seattle Truck #2!

Here's a few more pictures:


It's got a huge serving window (where we plan to make some adorable curtains for). The large counter to the left is where we're planning on setting up a little drink station for coffee makers. We're also planning on putting down a subfloor with some checkered tile. We're also shopping around some area salvage stores like Seconduse.com for some inexpensive cabinet options (they have some great cabinet pieces for $20!) for more storage space.


Here's the awesome fridge that came in the truck that'll be great for drinks and things that need to be refrigerated like truffles. We need to get that securely anchored down (because I miiiiight have almost tipped it over driving along the pot-holed roads of Ballard on our test drive when I dared to push the gas over 20 mph...). 


We're planning on removing that mirror to make more room for shelves or cabinets for some storage. The hood and counter where the stove top would be needs to be removed so we can install some bakery racks for our food storage. We also want to install another wall in the front area so we can put in a jump seat for another passenger. 


This serving window has two sliding sides which would be great for an ordering and a pick-up window to keep a line moving steadily (and I do hope there will be lines!). Wouldn't a curtain look absolutely adorable?


So next on the agenda, this:


We need it painted a cute shade of mint green. Then...

-decals
-permits/inspections
-electrical line installed for generator
-new rear mirror

But there's sooooo much to do. So that leads me to another small, minute announcement; last week I put in my two week's notice in at work. I'm scared to leave because having that extra $800+ish a month was really helpful but I'll never get this truck in gear (no pun intended) without having time to devote to it. My last day at my grocery store job will be February 8th and I'm actually really looking forward to it (especially after all this Seahawks craziness... OMG my hands have been stained green and blue for weeks now). 

I can't wait to share more pictures as we get going- my plan is to really makes this as adorable as I can on the inside because the three of us me, my Mom, and the my bestest friend and most-awesomest-person-ever-who-decided-to-trust-us-with-a-huge-investment-that-I'll-never-be-able-to-thank-her-enough-for-making-our-dream-a-reality, are going to be spending a ton of time in there and I want it to be comfortable and homey. I also want customers to be able to see in our truck and see how clean and nice everything looks. It's so important to me that everything about our truck is visually appealing because that's how we will draw them in and pique their interest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment