Friday, September 28, 2012

25

Sometimes I feel like I could be a little more personal on my blog. I feel like it's easy in the blog world to just sugarcoat your life and make it all glossy and perfect. I feel like even though I've been doing this blog for almost a year (yeah! I can't believe I've stuck with something this long!), that I haven't put my personality on here too much. I mean, do people who stumble upon this blog even know who I am? Do they even care? Maybe, maybe not. 

So, because of that I have decided that I want to post today '25 Things You Don't Know About Me.' 

Here we go...

1.) I'm really into true crime. I love all the shows and I love reading true crime novels. I've actually got a small collection of true crime novels and serial killer books. I'm guessing it's my Psychology background that gets me interested in such a morbid topic... definitely doesn't fit in with my happy-decor-baking blog persona. 




2.) I hate leprechauns. Ever since I made the mistake of watching the horror movie, Leprechaun, at a young age they have freaked me out. I mean, I'm not afraid of Lucky from Lucky Charms or anything but that one from the movie... *shivers*

3.) I'm an aspiring author but probably won't ever finish a novel. I've got two novels that are a quarter of the way written and another awesome idea that I doubt will ever come to fruition. There's a perfect quote for how I feel about it: 

“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.” 

And that's how it feels. It's also a lot of hard work and I'm lazier than I wish I were. 


4.) For a while there I was really obsessed with zombies. I read a bunch of books, wrote stories, watched movies, and made myself up as a zombie nurse for Halloween. I was into zombies before everyone jumped on the Walking Dead bandwagon. 

5.) I'm a feminist and not afraid to say it. 

6.) I curse too much. Not usually in front of people in public but definitely in my car. Driving in Virginia is the worst. 

7.) One of my more recent hobbies is painting my nails in interesting ways. For years I couldn't paint my nails because of my jobs but now that I'm unemployed I have time on my hands to actually paint my nails. 


Here they are right now...

8.) My worst job ever was working as a cashier at Walmart. Awful. 

9.) My favorite bands are Alice in Chains, The Killers, No Doubt, Garbage and Queensryche. 

10.) I've lived with nine cats during the course of my life. 


Mickey

Gizmo, Mickey and Miles

11.) My parents are divorcing this year. So...  there's that...

12.) My brother and I once reenacted the movie, Titanic, with barbies and his toys from Toy Story. It was epic. The front porch of our house was the bow of the ship and Batman was the villain. 

13.) I was and still am a school nerd. I used to be so excited to go back to school in the Fall that I wouldn't be able to sleep the night before!

14.) I dyed my hair with pink streaks one time and I loved it!

15.) I didn't get my driver's license until I was eighteen. I wasn't in too much of a hurry.

16.) I don't feel like a typical Navy wife. I actually feel like I don't know too much about military life...

17.) The only time I ever dressed up like anything 'princessy' for Halloween was when I dressed up like Belle from Beauty and the Beast. And she was pretty much the most feminist of all the Disney girls so I think it's all good...

18.) I cut my hair off my Senior year of high school to donate to Locks of Love. 

19.) One time right after I graduated I snuck off to a club in Mexico. My one moment of rebellion and I didn't even enjoy it. Clubs are... kinda gross. Looking back, it freaks me out that I even considered such a crazy thing!

20.) I make up songs about my cats all the time. 

21.) I've kept a journal pretty much since fourth grade. It's a very crazy and biased account of my life that makes me laugh whenever I read them.

22.) I wrote Russ every. single. day. that he was gone to boot camp (front and back sheets) and we still have all of our letters.

23.) My favorite TV shows are The Office, The X-Files, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Bones, and That 70's Show.

24.) I would absolutely love to be able to have the guts and coordination (and to be free of the fear of bodily harm) to play in a roller derby league. I think I just want to hit people...

25.) My favorite places I've visited so far in my life have been Savannah, Georgia and Chicago (and I'd love to go back to both!).

And there you have it, some interesting (I hope) things. Hopefully you know me a little better now beyond painting and baking, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment