Monday, September 24, 2012

Using What You Have

It's amazing that just by changing a few accessories, you can completely change the look of your room.

I played around with my living room decor just to see what I could come up with by using my dark brown sofa. 

Here's the before:


Ahh! Ian looks scary! Cat laser eyes!

Red, brown and white turned out to be pretty together. I used my bedroom picture and red pillow to bring more red into the room.


I used one of my floral scarves to wrap a pillow and bring more of a girly element to this living room look. I don't think Russ would ever let flowery pillows into our house... The green bowl on the coffee table brings out the green leaves on the scarf.


This room was a little more modern (and ideally the art would be bigger of course but I was using what was on hand). I used a black and white scarf to cover one pillow and one of my shirts from my closet to cover the other (haha) just to bring in some more blue into the room.


This room could be called "The Traveler." It has my awesome Urban Outfitters map, map pillow from Ikea, a globe and the Eiffel Tower. 



I actually really like this last look! I'm used to seeing my tree picture strictly in the dining room but this definitely proves it can fit into a living room.



So go on, switch up your rooms for free!

Side note: my Android camera took some rotten pictures today. :( I guess it's time to bite the bullet and get a new camera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment