Monday, July 14, 2014

Tick-Tock Pink Clock

I took forever coming up with that title and in my head it sounds really stupid. Oh well. 

We've been spending the time after getting the decals done on the truck sprucing up the inside. We've added curtains for the window, bins for storage (secured with bungie cords so things don't go flying), some family photos, a paper towel holder, and some cute little dashboard accessories. I'll be sharing more about that later but I recently fixed up a cute retro clock and some hooks to add to the inside. 

I really have been wanting this clock for the inside but at $30, I wasn't ready to pull the trigger. I thought I could probably find something cheaper perhaps. I also wasn't sure if I wanted the clock in black. I couldn't find it in pink and the green that they carry is more on the olive side than mint.

Source
So one day, we found ourselves at Bed, Bath & Beyond with a 20% coupon and I casually perused the clocks, not really expecting to find anything truck-worthy. 

Then I stumbled upon this retro wall clock that is so close to the original one that I had wanted. At $19.99, the price was a tad more than I wanted to spend on a goofy clock for the inside but I figured this was as good as it was going to get. 

I knew that I definitely did not want the cream color (as it would look dirty next to the stark-white of the interior walls) so I got a can of pink spray paint and went to town. I really wanted to incorporate more green into the interior because... I'm not a pink fan, really... but the right shade of mint green is SO HARD to find. So, pink it is. 



We went to Storables, which is a Washington/Oregon chain not unlike The Container Store I believe, and found these cute hooks for $4.99. They met the spray paint too!



I really tried for thin, even coats. The wind was against me a little bit. Painting the clock was challenging so I rested on that folded lip of the cardboard in the next picture to elevate it a little. 


Ta da! I can't wait to hang these up, they are so adorable and charming! 



No comments:

Post a Comment