Friday, December 6, 2013

I Am The House In The Box

I haven't made one of these in about three years and I thought it was time to bring back the tradition of making one. I thought about how interesting it would be to make one from scratch (and I still might try...) but this Wilton set was wonderfully easy.


The house was already together! Mind = blown. I'd been putting this thing off for a few days just because I didn't want to deal with gluing the sides together with icing and then meticulously decorating it only to have the sides fall apart and ruin everything. This set would be perfect for kids and anyone who hates one of the most irritating things in life, crumbling gingerbread houses. 

Even though I'm a cake decorator and have an arsenal of icing tips and such, I really wanted to make this just as Wilton intended and just used everything they provided in the box which was plenty. 




I think my favorite part is the roof. I used the 'reverse shell' icing method on the roof with the round icing tip they provided (side note: I remember when I just had to use the corner of the icing bag it came in as they only recently provided disposable icing tips!). 


Next week I'll share more of our Christmas decorations that we've got around the house... I've just been waiting to photograph on a day where there's still light so I've been waiting for  a day off work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment