Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Busy Bidness

I've been busy, tired, and lazy. 

I've also been trying to have as much time with Russ before he leaves for deployment which is swiftly approaching. :(

Buuuuut, I do miss blogging. 

Here's what's been going on:

This past week and a half we've looked at three trucks.

There's Portland: which had a lot of potential but the outside was rough. Still considering. 



Seattle 1: a 1981 empty truck in really great shape that could be a great blank canvas for what we could get it for. Problem?... it's so short inside that it nearly touches my head (I'm 5'8"ish). 


Seattle 2: This is the front runner and it's nearly done as it just needs another electrical line run for the generator. My problem with the truck is that it's (what feels like a whooping) 25 feet in length. The price is wonderful but I'm afraid it might be too much truck for us. But then again, we might be so busy that we will need this space. 


We're still weighing our options and talking to each of the sellers...

I also want to share this deliciously wonderful birthday cake I made for my Mom!

It's a Black and White cake which is alternating layers of white cake and chocolate cake filled with alternating layers of white whipped and chocolate whipped filling. I tweaked it a bit and made the outside icing a mocha whipped icing which tasted delicious! I then covered the outside sides of the cake with white and chocolate curls.



Oh. Em. Gee. The layers! Look at those beautiful layers! 


Needless to say the cake, with it's lovely light, tasty filling and spongy-moist cake, wasn't around too long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment